The Primary purpose of Instrument Pilot FAA Written Exam
is to provide you with the easiest, fastest, and least expensive means of
passing the FAA Instrument Rating - Airplane (IRA) knowledge test, which is
required before you can take your instrument rating practical (flight) test.
Additionally, this book can be used in preparation for the following FAA
- Flight Instructor - Instrument - Airplane (FII), which is required for a
flight instructor to add an instrument rating to his/her flight instructor
- Instrument Ground Instructor (IGI), which is required for a person
desiring to teach instrument procedures as a ground (classroom) instructor.
- Instrument Rating - Foreign Pilot (IFP), which is required for a pilot who
holds an instrument rating on a U.S. private rating on a foreign pilot
license and wants an instrument pilot certificate issued on the basis of the
foreign pilot license.
- Flight Instructor - Instrument - Airplane - Added Rating (AIF), which is
required if a flight instructor has an instrument (helicopter) rating on
his/her flight instructor certificate and desires to add and instrument
(airplane) rating to that certificate.
This books changes the FAA pilot knowledge (written) test process from a
memorization marathon to a learning opportunity and experience. You get higher
test scores in less study time. Seven of the major differences between the Gleim
Instrument Pilot FAA Written Exam
book and most other
available books and software are:
- Only airplane-related questions and study materials are included in our
- Comprehensive explanations of each question are provided, including
explanations of why each answer is incorrect.
- Answer explanations are NEXT to each question, NOT
at the back of the book.
- All FAA test questions are reorganized into logical topics (FARs, weather,
- Provides outlines explaining the concepts tested at the beginning of each
chapter so you can study and learn the material before you answer an study
the test questions.
- A detailed index assists you in finding topics and questions you wish to
- Provides practice tests using the FAA's mix of question topics