- Operating new engines, like the Continental IO-550, which permit running
lean of peak EGT.
- Chapters on turbochargers and intercoolers.
- Chapters on normally aspirated engines, turbine engines, and propellers.
- A tutorial on partial panel flying and instrument flying "by the
- Two comprehensive chapters on multi-engine flying. One dealing with the
aerodynamics of engine-out flight, including performance, the meaning of the
"ball" when an engine is out, and the importance of zero sideslip. The other
offering practical advice for multi-engine survival, including special
considerations regarding takeoff technique and the handling of an engine
failure in all phases of flight.
- Four chapters on advanced systems and situations, including
pressurization, autopilots and flight directors, radar and lightning
detectors, and icing.
Used as a text at Embry-Riddle, Midland College, and more.
400 pages, hardback
here to view the Table of Contents for Flying High Performance Singles and
the Introduction for Flying High Performance Singles and Twins