IFR Departure Clearance Training on CD-ROM
COMM1: Clearances on Request is the definitive training program on ATC Departure Clearances. Developed in the same learn-and-rehearse style as the acclaimed COMM1: VFR and IFR products, COMM1: Clearances on Request is easy for users to take off and learn with.
- Master IFR departure clearances in over 10 hours of comprehensive two-way radio
- Detailed, informative briefings from instrument training expert Russ Lawton cover what to say, when, and why.
- Test your newfound knowledge in realistic exchanges: Review the Flight plan and charts, then choose and request your clearance from the Clearance Delivery Controller.
- Extensive practice scenarios: 100 clearances to master!
- Expand your knowledge of the ATC system and improve copy/readback techniques.
- Trace each route of Flight using the special NOS Low Altitude Enroute Charts included with COMM1: Clearances on Request.
Not simply another pretty package, COMM1: Clearances on Request is jam-packed with the information you need. Popular instrument training expert Russ Lawton has written a series of briefings on the ATC clearance system and techniques for copying and reading back IFR clearances:
- From Flight Plan to Clearance
- Elements of a Clearance
- Cockpit Organization
- Requesting the Clearance
- Copying the Clearance
- Reading Back the Clearance
Practice, Practice, Practice
The program offers a series of 100 practice clearances. You get a Flight plan for each exercise, complete with a planned routing. You review the route on the included NOS Low Altitude Enroute Chart and then call up the Clearance Delivery controller (or Flight Service specialist, or Ground Control, etc.) to request the clearance. Then you copy the clearance (using the techniques learned in the briefings) and read it back to the controller, just like in the cockpit. If you miss the clearance, the controller can be asked to "say again".
At the conclusion of the exercise, you get a chance to review your performance and hear how an expert would have read the clearance back, as well as see the expert's notes.
100 clearances to choose from; practice as often as you like, at your own pace!
Experts guide you through clearances with helpful prompts and feedback. Compare your
responses to those of experts in each scenario
What They're Saying...
- "Interactivity is the key to Comm1's effectiveness." — Plane & Pilot
- "This is one serious training device!" — Westwind Airlines
- "Well designed, easy to use and effective." — Plane & Pilot
- "the closest thing to talking on the radio in the cockpit you'll find anywhere" — AVSIM
- "a bargain considering what renting an aircraft costs" — AVSIM
- "I started the program and had a hard time stopping." — AVSIM
- "Comm1 is a truly interactive training program" — Full Throttle
- "a fun and interesting addition to your flying experience." — AVSIM
- "I can't recall ever having so much fun while learning." — CANADIAN Flight
Related Shopping Areas:
More Items Labeled:
Lowest Price Guaranteed: If you find a better price elsewhere on
this product we will
match that price and beat it by 10% of the difference.
Buy With Confidence! Purchase today and you can return
it in the original condition through Saturday, July 21, 2018!
Have a question about Comm1: Clearances on Request?
question and see previous Q & A about this product.
Customers who bought this were also interested in:
For Comm1: Clearances on Request:
Write a review
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
by A Customer from Arlington VA USA
Review: Excellent, highly recommend.
Was this Review Helpful to you?
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
by Gary from El Cajon CA USA
Pros: Easy to use and run.
Cons: Need a way to skip to the next part of the clearance.
Review: The product has not been updated in years but is still very good. It is very helpful to stay current on how quick sometimes controllers will through out an IFR clearance. Guess they assumed we all took shorthand in school :-)
Was this Review Helpful to you?