iFLY 740 Moving Map GPS for Pilots
- 2 customer reviews.
The 7-inch touch screen aviation GPS is ideal: big and bright enough to read easily in flight
and yet small enough to manage comfortably. An included suction mount with
multiple articulation points or an optional yoke mount provides lots of mounting
options. The touch screen interface is incredibly simple to use. No installation
or setup required. Just turn it on and you're ready to fly!
The iFly 740 is loaded with digital copies of FAA sectionals, IFR
Low Enroute charts, airport diagrams, approach plates, and more. In fact,
everything from planning to flying is designed around image enhanced maps from
the FAA. Sweep your finger across the screen to scroll through the map,
quick-tap to switch to another sectional, drag a route line to avoid a TFR, tap
an airport to get detailed information, etc, etc. It's easy, intuitive, and
New in the
- Sunlight Readability. Sunny days are no issue with the iFLY 740 and the
brighter 1300 Nit 7-inch Touchscreen.
Perfect for those bright open cockpits.
- Built-In Emergency Battery
- Faster Processor & Twice the RAM
- Improved WAAS GPS Receiver
- Simple Wi-Fi Updating
- (optional upgrade) iFly Streets - now you go straight from the runway to the roadway with
iFly Streets, a full-featured road navigation GPS including voice-guided
directions, 3D visuals including Lane Guidance and services (hotel,
restaurant, gas station) lookup
- and much more...
The iFly 740 Outshines the Competition! The brightest sunny day and
clear bubble canopies are no match for the new iFly 740. Perfect for those extra
bright cockpits with 1300 nits of brightness to power through the sun's
challenges. Never has there been such advanced hardware at such a great price.
This sunlight-readable GPS won’t break the bank or your eyes!
The iFly 740 now packs an internal circuit protected Li-Po battery to provide
approximately 30 minutes of internal backup power. Use the internal battery to
perform a quick update via Wi-Fi, Check the Weather or File your Flight Plan
prior to flight time. The iFly 740 is unplugged!
Fast Updates and Filing from Almost Anywhere! With the iFly 740's
powerful built-in Wi-Fi capability, you can connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot and enjoy
fast and easy automated data updates and Nexrad Weather. Use the new
Online Flight Filing feature through Lockheed Martin Flight Services. Plan,
File, Activate and Close right from the 740.
- User Interface is designed the way you think, very easy to figure out
- Buttons fade away when not in use, maximizing map visibility
- Plug & fly (just plug in the unit and it will go straight to the map, ready to
begin your flight)
- Big buttons throughout, making it easy to use even in the bumpy flights
- Zoom levels from 2 to 100 NM per inch
- Clear warnings if any sectionals are expired
- Touch-n-drag scrolling
- Single-touch to zoom in/out
- Single-touch to re-center & track current location
- Single-touch to switch which sectional is being displayed
- Includes all STAR, Approach and Departure Charts
- Includes airport taxi diagrams
- "History" button allows toggling between the maps and recently viewed plates
- Touch-sensitive panning and zooming
- Easy to update charts through the website
- One-touch "Direct-to" flight planning
- Supports multi-leg flight plans
- Rubber-band route line modifications (just touch & drag a route line to make a
change, such as bending it around an airspace)
- Save/Load/Reverse flight plans
- Flight plan automatically saved/restored between power cycles. So you can plan
your flight at home, turn off the device, take it to your plane, plug it in, and
your flight plan and map is all ready-to-go
- Bright magenta route lines
- Ability to search for airports by code, airport name, or city name
Weather and Traffic
- ADS-B Weather and Traffic Compatibility with 3rd party receivers such as
SkyRadar, NavWorx, Clarity, and more.
- Live NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft and PIREPS without reoccurring
monthly fees or apps
- Search for nearby airports
- Attendance schedule
- Common, ATC, and other communication frequencies
- Runway(s) type, condition, lighting, gradient, markings, etc
- Traffic patterns
- Available IFR equipment
- Any additional FAA remarks
Unprecedented Spatial Awareness
- Show your position on an actual FAA published sectional map
- Sectional map images are digitally enhanced for maximum contrast & visibility
- Pre-loaded with every sectional, including Alaska and Hawaii
- Pre-loaded with the IFR Low-enroute charts for the lower 48 states
- Pre-loaded with all the approach, departure, and STAR plates for all 50 states
- Pre-loaded with all the FAA published airport diagrams
- Single-touch to change which sectional map is being displayed
- When zoomed out, important airspaces are highlighted
- Touch a map to quickly see the distance & bearing from current location
- "Find Nearest" option to quickly find nearby airports, ASOS/AWOS freqs, navaids,
- Sectionals maps include all "border" information, nothing is hidden. It's just
like having an actual sectional map.
- Ability to show distance-radials around your current location
- FAA published TFRs can be seen on the maps
- With a low cost annual subscription get unlimited easy updates from any
internet connected computer
- Always have the latest sectionals, FAA airport databases, TFRs, sectional maps,
- Ability to quick-update latest TFR data just prior to your flight
- Download the application updates to always have the latest new features
- Use your own inexpensive USB Flash Drive
AOPA Pilot Magazine "the iFly 700 is a robust package for a great price!"
Plane and Pilot Magazine "Touch Screen Wonder"
Fly-Low Publications "...intuitive and easy to use and would be a great addition
to your flight bag."
P&P Tech Talk "...Adventure Pilot is off to a great start with brisk sales and a
flood of happy customer testimonials..."
External Dimensions: 7 1/4" X 4 1/2" X 3/4"
Weight: 14.5 oz.
Screen Size: 7-inch Extreme Sunlight Readable LCD
Screen Brightness: 1300 nits
Emergency Battery: Built-in
Current Draw: 600ma @ 12V DC
GPS Antenna: WAAS Capable
Warranty: 1 Year
- iFly 740 loaded with all FAA Sectional Charts, Low Altitude Enroute
Charts, Approach/Departure Plates, Airport Diagrams, and more.
- Soft carrying case
- AC power adapter
- DC power adapter (cigarette lighter style)
- Remote Control
- Multi-point articulating suction mount
- FREE VFR/IFR Data Subscription for 2 months. This subscription
will allow you to keep all elements of your iFly up to date. This includes
Sectionals, TAC charts, Low Enroute Charts, Plates, Software, TFRs, Metars,
AFD Databases, etc.
NOTE: The iFly 740 has an small emergency use internal battery but requires external
power for regular use. It includes both AC and DC (cigarette lighter style) adapters, and
supports both 12v and 24v systems. An
accessory designed to work with the iFly 740 is available for
This battery will provide 3.5 to 4 hours of power.
Related Shopping Areas:
GPS / ADS-B
Aviation GPS Units
More Items Labeled:
Lowest Price Guaranteed: If you find a better price elsewhere on
this product we will
match that price and beat it by 10% of the difference.
Buy With Confidence! Purchase today and you can return
it in the original condition through Tuesday, May 23, 2017!
Have a question about iFLY 740 Moving Map GPS for Pilots?
question and see previous Q & A about this product.
For iFLY 740 Moving Map GPS for Pilots:
Write a review
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Very happy with this purchase
by John from Lake Ariel PA USA
Pros: easy to use
Cons: it would be nice if landscape to portrait was a matter of rotating.
Review: As so far for the short time I have used it I find it very easy to use and very accurate. The support team has been very helpful.
Was this Review Helpful to you?
Monday, January 30, 2017
So far I love it
by Earnest from Knoxville TN USA
Pros: Great gps ode or vfr
Cons: Price for up dates a little pricey but you do get a lot with updates
Review: Has every thing you need to fly
Was this Review Helpful to you?
Previous Customer Questions For iFLY 740 Moving Map GPS for Pilots:
Ask Your Own Question
On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 a customer asked:
Q: Does this product cover the united Kingdom?
No this only has maps for the USA.
On Wednesday, December 09, 2015 a customer asked:
Q: Canada is not mentioned. Is this unit set up for flying in Canada?
Sorry, Canada charts are not available at this time.
On Friday, April 03, 2015 a customer asked:
Q: Is there an available yoke mount for this unit to fit a 1976 Cessna 172 or is it strictly a panel mount device? There is one available for the IFLY-720 so would it be the same?
The iFLY GPS Yoke Mount Kit will work with any of the iFLY 7xx series portable GPS units and will fit nicely on the yoke of your 1976 Cessna 172.