Icom IC-A120 - VHF Air Band Transceiver - Base Station
- 1 customer reviews.
Icom’s IC-A120 Mobile Airband Transceiver is equipped with a crisp, clear,
dot-matrix display; active noise cancellation (ANC) and automatic noise limiter
(ANL) technology; and straightforward programming and settings options that are
accessible from the front panel. The IC-A120 meets IP54 standards for
dust-protection and water-resistance and can be connected to an optional
Bluetooth unit for compatibility with third-party wireless Bluetooth headsets.
This IC-A120 variant has a base station included.
- Dot-matrix LCD display is easy to read with crisp, clear text (displays
alphanumeric characters and icons)
- Memory channels and other radio settings can programmed from the front
panel (customizing functions can be restricted as needed, depending on the
radio settings); this unit provides 200 memory channels with 12-character
channel names and 8.33 kHz and 25 kHz channel spacing
- Built-in Active Noise Canceling (ANC) reduces background noise in the
received and transmitted signals; the automatic noise limiter (ANL) reduces
pulse-type noise such as engine ignition (ANL and ANC functions cannot be
used at the same time)
- IP54 dust-protection and water resistant construction allows the IC-A120
to be used in open-air vehicles
- ON-Hook scan function automatically starts scanning when the hand
microphone is hooked on the microphone hanger; the ON-Hook dualwatch feature
checks the priority and operating channels alternatively while ON-Hook; when
the microphone is taken OFF hook, scanning stops at the priority channel or
the displayed channel
- Provides optional Bluetooth headset connectivity when the UT-133
Bluetooth unit is added; this allows a third-party wireless Bluetooth
headsets to be used with the IC-A120 (when using an optional VS-3 Bluetooth
headset the side tone function becomes available)
- Third-party headsets can be used with the optional OPC-871A headset
adapter; when configured this way, the user can use the side tone function
to monitor his or her own transmitted voice via the connected headset—even
when using a hand microphone
- Optional HM-217 speaker-microphone allows the user to listen to received
audio through the HM-217’s built in speaker; the speaker-microphone features
up/down buttons as well as two programmable P1/P2 buttons that serve as a
shortcut for activating frequently used functions
- Compatible with 12- and 24- volt systems
- 36W (PEP) RF output power
- Dualwatch and priority scan functions
- Power on password protection
- PC programming capability
- CI-V Commands for external control
- VE-PG3 RoIP gateway for interconnect with other radio devices
- Accessories include hand microphone (HM-216), DC power cable, microphone
hanger kit, mounting bracket kit, and fuses
Related Shopping Areas:
Icom Aviation Transceivers
More Items Labeled:
Lowest Price Guaranteed: If you find a better price elsewhere on
this product we will
match that price and beat it by 10% of the difference.
Buy With Confidence! Purchase today and you can return
it in the original condition through Thursday, October 27, 2016!
Have a question about Icom IC-A120 - VHF Air Band Transceiver - Base Station?
question and see previous Q & A about this product.
For Icom IC-A120 - VHF Air Band Transceiver - Base Station:
Write a review
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Icom A 120
by Rock from Santa Maria CA USA
Pros: Display, speaker
Cons: None that we have found
Review: We are using this mobile for flight following during our deployment to fires in CA. This unit is in our communications trailer. After getting through the programming, this radio was an intricate peice of our arsenal.
Was this Review Helpful to you?
Previous Customer Questions For Icom IC-A120 - VHF Air Band Transceiver - Base Station:
Ask Your Own Question
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 a customer asked:
Q: Is this ready to use at my office at the airport?
What kind of antenna hook- does it have?
Yes, this is ready to use except for the antenna. We offer this base station antenna that works with the IC-A120. The connector on both ends of the RG-213 are a PL-259.